Tyler Childers creates a new, heartfelt album ‘Rustin’ In The Rain’

Olivia Velazquez
Childers made another masterpiece album “Rustin’ In The Rain,” that was released Sept. 8th, 2023.

“I never wanna leave this world without saying ‘I love you,’” are the lyrics to the song “Space and Time,” written and sung by country/bluegrass folk music artist, Tyler Childers. Childers recently released his new album “Rustin’ In The Rain” on Sept. 8, 2023.

Childers is known for story-telling about love, heartbreak and tragedy in his songs, and did not disappoint with these new ones. The songs give you a true feeling of being loved and being in love. In Childers’ new album, you get a sense of heartache from not only his lyrics, but his breathtaking vocals that support the painful words sung.

The song ”In Your Love” is the most played song out of all of the songs he has released, and rightfully so.

The storyline behind this song is about how two male coal-miners fell in love and stayed together through thick and thin. The two made a home of their own; however, one got sick and soon after died. Childers brings out the sorrow and agony of this tragic story in his lyrics, “We were never made to run forever, we were just meant to go long enough to find what we’re chasin’ after I believe I found it here in your love.”

Childers had grown inspired by having his vocals pitched like Elvis Presley with these new songs to add more emotion and connection with his lyrics. Most of Presley’s songs revolved around romance, and Childers does a sensational job at portraying that in the song “Space and Time.”

This song illustrates the meaning of never taking anything for granted and to tell the people you love the most that you love them. In the lyrics, “I’m tellin’ you this now in case I must go/want you to know I never wanna leave this world without sayin’, ‘I love you’ / without sayin’ what you mean to me,” Childers delivers an important message: life is short.

Another luminous cover of Kris Kristofferson’s “Help Me Make It Through The Night,” Childers enters the song with beautiful piano keys playing making you feel warmth and comfort throughout the song. He lengthens the song by having an instrumental interlude and a repeat of the chorus. During the second chorus he brings out his raspy, southern voice which empowers the song’s lyrics.

Overall, “Rustin’ In The Rain” is a sentimental and memorable album. Listening to the lyrics and processing them makes you have a different perspective on life. Childers really put his heart and soul in every one of these songs and it showed.