• March 20DGS Mustang Trot April 8

  • March 18DGS One-Act Plays March 22-23

  • March 8Start of Spring Break March 26

DGS student charged with Class 4 felony
Weekly Preview: March 19 – March 23
View All
Freshman Friday: Dakota Panico

Will Mller, Social Media
March 16, 2018

Q: Were you scared to leave middle school? A: I wasn’t scared to leave middle school because I knew people from different middle schools that were coming in so my classes were easy going. Q: What are you involved in at school or do you plan to get involved last year? A: I’m involved in key club, I was planning on getting involved in more this year, but since I didn’t, I will be next...

Cellist Ayanna Gregory finds herself through a love of music

Jhenevie Oca, Photo Editor
March 12, 2018

“Proper preparation prevents poor performance.” These words have been drilled into senior Ayanna Gregory’s mind by her mom throughout her life. Far from a nag, this phrase has motivated Gregory to progress as a musician and as a person. Gregory first held a cello in her hands when she was in fourth grade. She can recall the exact moment when she decided what instrument she wanted to play. ...

View All
Baseball and softball ready for swingin’ trips

Matthew Hollendonner, Business Manager
March 15, 2018

  With spring break right around the corner, this means that both Downers Grove South baseball and softball teams are off to compete on both of their spring trips. The softball team is headed to Cookeville, Tennessee and the baseball team is headed to Anaheim, California.   With the softball team’s trip to Tennessee underway, softball coach Lauren Berg gave some information on what the...

Carlson sticks the landing at State

Andrea Davenport, Print Opinions Editor
February 23, 2018

The 2017 Division Gold Conference Floor title was in her grasp. With 10 seconds left in her floor routine, she ran hard into her last tumbling pass, but as she was finishing her round-off, flip flop, double full, she felt her knee twist inward, causing a pain so strong she couldn’t move. The physical trainer rushed across the floor, as did Varsity Girls Gymnastics Coach Kristyn Campos. The crowd...

Out for the season is getting a little too seasonal

Sherwin Thomas, Copy Editor
February 21, 2018

Hey Bulls fans, remember Derrick Rose? Of course you do. Do you have any idea where he is right now? He was just recently traded from the Cavaliers to the Utah Jazz before being immediately waived. That’s right. He went from the youngest MVP in NBA history at the age of 22 in 2011 to a free agent no team is looking to sign. Talk about a fall from grace. For us Bulls fans, all we can do is wistfull...

View All
Should you ‘Love, Simon’?

Emmanuelle Copeland, Graphics Director
March 22, 2018

A couple of years ago, the book “Simon vs. the Homosapien Agenda,” came out, and I ate it up. It was a clever, witty, happily-ever-after story if a bit trite. The movie “Love Simon,” keeps a lot of these qualities, but a little less. It was entertaining and lighthearted, but if you’re looking for a deep, enlightening story and a compelling masterpiece of cinematography, look elsewhere. “Love Simon,...

Weekly horoscopes

Marc Alvarez, Copy Editor
March 22, 2018

Aquarius: This next week will be good for you. Probably. Your lucky color is red. If you see something red, luck is on the way. Pisces: Your future is a mystery, there is a 80% chance that the next week is mediocre and 20% that your life spirals out of control. Your lucky color is blue. If you see something blue, luck is on the way or it is a sign of your imminent doom. Aries: It was recently y...

View All

February 12, 2018

View All

What are you doing over Spring Break?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

February 14, 2018

View All
Which iconic faculty member are you?
View All
Have any suggestions?

Contact our Online Editors-in-Chief Kora Montana ([email protected]) and Barbara Collins ([email protected]) with your comments or questions.

The student news site of Downers Grove South High School
The student news site of Downers Grove South High School