Bubble tea shops satisfy Downers Grove

Bubble+tea+is+enjoyed+by+people+of+all+ages%2C+and+can+be+easily+customized+to+fit+specific+tastes.+
Rae Hrubec
Bubble tea is enjoyed by people of all ages, and can be easily customized to fit specific tastes.

Bubble tea is a sweet drink with tapioca pearls inside. In Downers Grove, there are multiple different places to purchase this drink.

4. J Way Boba from Costco

This is one of the most affordable options because it comes with multiple drinks and tapioca packets to make, enough for ten drinks. However, even though you get a few different flavors and it isn’t expensive, the drinks don’t mix that well and the tapioca balls are an odd consistency. Overall it is still a great option for someone looking for something to make at home.

3. iBoba

This place has the most options for flavors and toppings, but the least affordable price. The price for the drinks is expensive for both sizes, but it is the same size as other shops, if not even smaller. Since it is a new store there isn’t a lot of space or decorations on the inside, but it still manages to feel sweet.

So, as much as the quality of the drinks are great, this still comes third due to the price for below average sizes and the current interior.

2. Pho Noodle Station & Bubble Tea
This shop has fairly affordable prices and a beautiful interior. This location will give the customers many options for different flavors and toppings. The only complaints are that there is only one size option for most flavors, and that the tapioca Boba flavor may come across as strong in the drink, but other than that it is a great option.

1. Cocomero Frozen Yogurt
Lastly, with affordable prices and great quality drinks, Cocomero comes first on the list. They do not have as many options to get, but they still have everyone’s favorite flavors, including tea and smoothies. The shop also has a homey atmosphere inside, with lots of small tables.

They used to have books and games, but recently have not, most likely due to after COVID. Overall, this place is affordable, varied in options and a great place to be in in general.