DGS honors student achievements with Touch-Pro TV’s

Donte Reed

More stories from Donte Reed

Issue 5
May 18, 2018
Horoscopes 04/4
April 4, 2018
Issue 4
March 21, 2018

DGS has had a lot of success over its 53 years of education in sports and activities, this year the athletic department decided to introduce a new way of commemorating the success of DGS students.

During summer break in July, two 55’ touch screen TV’s were placed in the school’s hallways. One directly across from the large gym near the west events entrance, and the other was placed across the hall from the cafeteria.

Athletic Director Randall Konstans explained the purpose of the new displays.

“The intent is basically to get a digital display and archive of our history, so that we can also recognize what’s going on immediately, but also then have of it going back as far as we want,” Konstans said.

However, the TV’s are not only for athletes, the Activities Department is currently working on adding the achievements of DGS’s other programs, such as theater and music.

Cost, however, was a big factor in this project.  Konstans estimated the cost to be around $15,000 dollars; however, the main cost was not the TV’s themselves, as Konstans explains.

“A large part of the cost was the labor involved to scan everything in,” Konstans said.

The TV’s were produced by a company called Touch Pro who specializes in virtual displays and record keeping for colleges and high schools. They work with various schools throughout the Chicagoland area and other parts of the country.

Touch Pro also scans all of the awards and statistics themselves as a part of their services. This labor is what had driven the cost of the displays up.

With the new TV’s in place, a new era in recognizing the achievements of DGS students has begun. The new Touch Pro TV’s will help display the accolades of DGS’s student athletes and students.