‘The Reappearance of Rachel Price’ is worth the price.

The+Reappearance+of+Rachel+Price+keeps+readers+intrigued+with+its+mystery%2C+twists+and+turns.+
Azel Brijesh
“The Reappearance of Rachel Price” keeps readers intrigued with its mystery, twists and turns.

On April 2, 2024, Holly Jackson released a much awaited book, “The Reappearance of Rachel Price.” This book has been on the radar for many readers because Jackson is a well known author with many great book series like the “Good Girl’s Guide to Murder” trilogy.

People who love reading mystery, thriller and romance were all excited to read this book. Compared to her older books, this book clearly stands out because of its unique storyline. Jackson has experimented with different storylines and scenarios and has made the perfect mix in this book.

Throughout the beginning, the book provided so many interesting theories only to end up with a turn the readers could never predict. Jackson has done a great job with the characters giving them unique personalities, and she has also made the plot interesting and hard to predict.

Starting off with the characters, Annebell, “Bell,” is the main character in this book, and she is a strong minded, brave young girl. Her character is written beautifully. She was the only witness to her mother’s kidnapping but since she was a baby she is unable to process her memory.

Despite this, Bell’s character is shown as a curious person, who is real when it comes to the emotions and doubts she has. She is a character that many people can connect and relate to, because of her courage and ability to want the best for her family. She is seen as a more closed-off person in the beginning, but as the story progresses she develops a lot of change within her emotions and actions, eventually becoming a better person.

Another character that is important is Rachel, the mother of Bell, and she is also the one who was kidnapped. Since the story revolves around her reappearance, the author has put a lot of work into perfecting her. She confuses the readers a lot with her actions, and readers can never predict what she does next because she is such a unique character.

The last important character in this book is Charlie, the father of the main character and also the husband of Rachel. He is the accused one for Rachel’s murder, and he tries to prove his innocence, his actions and word choice makes the readers rethink every detail. He gives off the vibes of someone who is innocent but at the same time it feels like he is not.

The storyline in this book is also a reason why it’s well-liked. It is a unique story, highlighting the pain of losing a parent and not knowing if they are alive or not. It goes through important topics like possessiveness of partners and trust issues.

The best thing about the book is that it goes along so smoothly that no one even doubts the red flags the character displays. The details are almost always interpreted differently, and Jackson finds a way to prove all her readers’ theory wrong by bringing a unique idea into the story. Readers were shocked by the plot twists the story went through, since it was what they would least expect.

Even though the storyline was unique and interesting, there was one part of the story that did not stick out. Many believed that the romance in the book was just bland, and the love that Bell and her partner Ash had for each other was very questionable. Over all, everything was cliche, and the relationship they had was repeated over and over again in other books.

While reading through the love story many felt bored and tired because it was not unique at all. Throughout the end of their suspected romance, everything became more confusing. The relationship was left on an open note, ruining the vibe.

Jackson’s portrayal of the romance in the book felt empty. Many readers felt that what they had was not love, and many pointed out that Belle was just using Ash to get what she wanted. This could be true considering that she only talked to him when she needed help and when she got tired she would just leave him.

That was the only flaw readers found in the story, but overall many loved it. It would have been exciting if there was a sequel to this story, maybe explaining and fixing the romance that the first book created. Even though all the questions in the book were answered, many wish there was part two of this book.