Friendship Friday: Freshman year friends

Madeline ONeil

More stories from Madeline O'Neil

Pinto+and+Renchin+always+hang+out+during+the+passing+period+and+share+funny+stories+from+their+day.+

Madeline O'Neil

Pinto and Renchin always hang out during the passing period and share funny stories from their day.

Juniors Nina Pinto and Bella Renchin became friends right before freshman year and have been best friends ever since.

They share a love for chai tea lattes and often spontaneously plan day trips to Downtown Chicago in search of the best restaurants and coffee shops. They both love to keep up with the latest fashion trends and take pictures that are Instagram worthy. 

Pinto and Renchin also work together at Nothing Bundt Cakes, and say that their friendship has become stronger while working together. Pinto shares why working with her best friend has been beneficial. 

“Our job isn’t that difficult, so whenever we do get to work together we just make it fun. It just feels like we’re hanging out since we don’t have to do too much,” Pinto says.

Pinto and Renchin also spoke about the beginnings of their friendship, which started on the Pintos dance team freshman year. Some of their favorite memories are from the dance competitions they went to. 

Their friendship is  filled with laughter and positivity. Pinto and Renchin can both agree on their favorite moments together that always include laughter and fun time. Pinto says that she can always look to Renchin for laughter.

“We always turn our sad problems into funny ones. We laugh about everything,” Pinto says. 

Their friendship has also helped them through high school. Through all the difficult classes and drama high school brings, they know they can count on each other to bring laughter to every bad day. Pinto and Renchin’s strong bond is one that they will have always.