Taco Bowls make an apperance in staff cafeteria

Katie Anthony

More stories from Katie Anthony

Issue 5
May 18, 2018
May 11, 2018
May 11, 2018

When students returned to DGS for the 2017-2018 school year, many noticed that the once popular Taco Bowl menu item had been excluded from the menu. Within the past month, this menu item has made its way into the staff cafeteria exclusively.

Senior Jami Leach was confused when she saw some staff members eating the taco bowls and heard other students talking about their possible return.

“I used to always get the taco bowls, so yeah I was upset when they were gone. I don’t know why just the staff gets them,” Leach said.

Faculty member Christopher Rios chooses taco bowls every time they are made available in the staff cafeteria. He explained that the bowls are not consistent and have only made a few appearances this semester.

“They’ve been in there twice since … I’m not going to pass up a taco bowl,” Rios said.

Cafeteria staff disclosed to The Blueprint that the choice to revoke Taco Bowls from students goes higher than DGS administration. DGS’ food provider, Chartwells, has told cafeteria staff that the bowls are too costly to produce for the entire student body. Cooking them for faculty on random occurances is not as difficult.

The cafeteria staff also suggested that students who are craving the taco bowls can contact Chartwells directly via their website and request their return.

Chartwells’ contact information can be found on their website, www.chartwellshighered.com/contact.