Breaking News
  • April 15Musical at DGS on April 18, 19, & 20th
  • April 15DGS Principal-Parent Partnership on April 17
  • April 15Culture Week Food Trucks on April 16
  • April 8Mustang Trot on April 14
  • April 8Bilingual Family Dinner Dance from 6-8 p.m. on April 11
  • April 8FCCLA state on April 11-12
  • April 8Non-attendance day for freshmen, sophomores and seniors on April 11
  • April 8Juniors take the SAT; attend 8:20 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on April 11
  • April 8Non-attendance day for juniors and seniors on April 10
  • April 8Freshmen and sophomores take PSAT; attend 8:20-11:35 a.m. on April 10

Top Ten Tuesday: Spring break activities

DGS students took part in many spring break activities; some chose to travel while others found local fun.
Liam Wells

Coming right out of spring break, most students are back in school recharged and with smiles on their faces. Here’s a list of random things that people did over their breaks.

10. “I went to Nashville with my parents for three days and went golfing with my dad. I also went to the Parthenon.” – Sophomore Koko Dimitrakakos

9. “My dad flew my family to San Antonio Texas over spring break. I bought some cool souvenirs at the market square.” – Sophomore Max Tylka

8. “I watched ‘500 Days of Summer,’ practiced driving and I doodled a lot.” – Sophomore Andjela Culafic

7. “I paid 150 dollars to go to the Brookfield Zoo with me, my girlfriend, and two other people. I’m going to go broke.” – Junior Hunter Tancredi

6. “I gave a keynote speech on the importance of language in the early stages of childhood.” – Sophomore Lukas Meliukstis

5. “The entire week was spent working on my Bronco. On Friday I drove to Iowa to deliver rebar. For the rest of the weekend, I worked at an auto shop in Lombard.” – Junior Alex Moore

4. “I came back from the break having caught more fish in one week than on any other trip.” -Junior Dylan Jonsbruck

3. “I flew to Norway and stayed in a 5-star hotel. Then I flew home and studied the SAT with Michael Trisoliere.” – Junior Jack Spangenberg

2. “I was a Roman soldier from 3 am to 5:25 am on Saturday.” – Sophomore David Kosinski

1. “Over break, I ran into the Celtics and Jason Tatum while checking into a hotel.” – Sophomore Joshua Howard