2022 homecoming dance information

Jennifer Martinez

DGS homecoming will take place in the football stadium on Sept. 17 from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.

Marty Blader, Sports Editor

This year’s “Stranger Things Homecoming 2022” is on Saturday, Sept. 17 from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. in the DGS Stadium. The ticket cost is $35 if students buy their tickets online through Go Fan, or $40 if they purchase tickets at the gate.

This year students have to check in for the event at the west events entrance in order to receive their “Stranger Things” event wristband which will allow them to enter the football stadium. Students must have their Student ID, as well as their wristband, in order to enter the event.

Senior Kaley Bretwisch discusses how she feels about homecoming being outside again.

“I really liked having it outside because there was more space so it was less crowded and it was a lot cooler,” Bretwisch said.

The dress code is formal wear, but students wearing high heels will not be allowed on the turf field.

Pizza will be donated to the event by Palermo’s Pizza and available for all students free of cost. Complementary chips, cookies and water will also be provided.

In order for DGS students to bring guests to the dance, they need to pick up a guest form from the dean’s office and fill it out by Sept. 14. DGS students must also purchase their guest’s ticket by Sept. 15. Guests must arrive at check-in with their paper ticket with DGS students who bought their tickets.

This year students can expect other fun activities, other than dancing. Student Activities Director Jennifer Martinez explained some of these new features of the dance.

“We’re actually having fireworks again, so we’re really excited to do that. The fireworks will be at 9:15 p.m. We’re also going to have some cool arcades just to connect again to that “Stranger Things” feel. So we’re pretty excited for that,” Martinez said.

Read more about the Palermo’s Pizza truck here.

Read our previous article about homecoming spirit week information here