Weekly preview: Sept. 25 – Sept. 29

Katie Anthony

More stories from Katie Anthony

Issue 5
May 18, 2018
May 11, 2018
May 11, 2018

Monday: Homecoming week 2017 kicks off with a 9:20 a.m. late arrival. That night, the annual powderpuff football game will be held at 6:30 p.m. in the stadium. Come out to see if the seniors will hold their title. Spirit week theme: Weasley day (twin day).

Tuesday: The community movie in the park takes place at 7:00 p.m. in Ruth K. Powers park. This event is open to students and families of all ages, with a showing of  “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.” Spirit week theme: quidditch day (sports team/jerseys).  

Wednesday: DGS will hold its annual Homecoming Olympics at 3:30 p.m. in the fieldhouse. Students will compete in activities to see who can be crowned the 2017 Homecoming Olympics champions. Spirit week theme: sorting hat day (hats/crazy hair day).

Thursday: The variety show will take place at 7:00 p.m. in the auditorium. Acts such as the DGS Fillies, The Steppers and Myles Henderson. Tickets are $5 per person. Spirit week theme: muggle day (pajamas).

Friday: After a shortened schedule, the homecoming assembly will take place at 2:00 p.m. in the large gym, as well as the coronation of this years homecoming court. Directly following the assembly, the annual homecoming parade will march outside of DGS. That night, the varsity football team will take on Morton in the stadium at 7:30 p.m. Spirit week theme: class colors.

Freshman: black and yellow (Hufflepuff)

Sophomores: grey and silver (Slytherin)

Juniors: scarlet and gold (Gryffindor)

Seniors: blue and bronze (Ravenclaw)

Saturday: To wrap up the week, DGS students are invited to attend the homecoming dance at 7:00 p.m. in the large and small gym. Tickets will be sold throughout the week for $25 in the bookstore, and $30 at the door. Come in your best attire.