Thank you notes from a senior

Danielle Prazak, Print Opinions Editor

Dearest friends,

It’s finally the end of the year. It took so long, I can’t believe the time has finally arrived. I could not be more ready to get out, and you know that better than anyone.

But in all seriousness, I would have never made it to this point if it wasn’t for you all who kept me going even when it seemed impossible, so thank you.

To my best friend since the 1st grade,

You gave me constant motivation to continue getting things done. Seeing you as such a great example made homework, projects and focusing in class seem a lot less impossible. You showed me that it’s possible to have fun without losing sight of what matters.

We have shared a lot of music, laughs and of course, hate. Nothing will ever be able to replace our speed walks through the crowded halls, taking long strides past our slow-paced acquaintances to get out of the building as soon as possible. All while talking about the day and why it was awful, or who we were infuriated with at the moment.

I love you forever and always bestie.

To my whatever friend,

It didn’t matter what we did together, whatever it was, I had the best time. Every moment we spend together is filled with laughs, tears or angry grunting sounds, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

I will forever value these amazing memories, and look forward to making new ones in the future. Thank you for giving me moments to look forward to, and the motivation to make it through each week of school.

I love that we can do anything together, and it never fails to cheer me up or become a lifelong memory. Thank you for being there whenever.
To my spontaneous friend,

Thank you for showing me all that I was missing out on before you came into my life. I am going to miss all of our spontaneous adventures together. You showed me how to loosen up and live day by day.

Thank you for teaching me how to let go of the past and grab hold of the future.

To my underclassman friend,

I am so heartbroken to leave you. You have become such an important part of my life in such a small amount of time and I am so grateful for our friendship. If I’m ever feeling particularly unmotivated, or stressed about how much I procrastinate, I look to you and feel so much better because you’re even further behind.

You and your family are so sweet and fun to be around, and I love that we have so many things in common. You helped me stay productive, and I thank you for that.

I am going to visit you all the time, I promise.

To my friend since freshman year,

You are the meme of my life. I can always count on you for new music, or some sort of video to make me laugh until I cry. So much has changed since freshman year, and I am so lucky to have spent these past four years with you.

You’re one of the funniest people I know, and I am so proud of you and who you have become. Thank you for letting me be a part of your high school experience.

To the funniest person I know,

You have the ability to make me laugh regardless of whether or not I actually want to. Even though most of the time I’m laughing at you rather than with you.

Even though our friendship is based mainly off of laughing at each other, we’ve have some pretty real times as well, and I am happy I got to know you.

To my (practically) math tutor,

If it wasn’t for you I would have never made it through math class. You are literally the only reason I passed. Thank you for meeting me at Starbucks various times throughout the year to teach me what I didn’t understand in class.

I’m so happy we got to be friends this year and I am going to miss you and our daily ugly snapchats when I am in college.

I cannot wait to leave high school. However, as excited as I am to move on, leaving all of you will be the hardest part. I am so grateful to have all of you, so again thank you for letting me be a part of your high school experience.