The house is located on Atlas Lane, and is decked out in all things Taylor Swift.
Caitlin Spindler

Swifties ‘Enchanted’ over Taylor Swift themed house

279 Views

Taylor Swift fans have found their “Wonderland” in Naperville, IL this holiday season. A family in Naperville decided to decorate their house in all things Taylor Swift, which consequently went viral due to Swift’s huge fanbase. The house is located on Atlas Lane in Naperville making it convenient for fans in the Chicago suburbs to visit.

After gaining popularity, due to the publicity it got on TikTok, the owners of the house have become “Suburban Legends”. The street is lined in no parking signs, and a line to take pictures in front of the house goes down the block. Senior Liz Laverty visited the house with her friends and absolutely loved it.

“I thought it was super cool, I’ve never seen anyone do something like that before and I’m really happy it’s getting recognition. It was all lit really well and the designs were really well thought out,” Laverty said.

Laverty is a huge Taylor Swift fan, as are numerous other DGS students that have visited the house. The house has all kinds of Swift themed decorations and the yard is layed out into four eras: “Speak Now”, “Red”, “1989” and “evermore”. Senior Michelina Spano shared her favorite aspect of the decorations.

“My favorite album is ‘Speak Now’ so that part of their yard I really like, but I also liked how they had her songs playing in the background,” Spano said.

Friendship bracelets wrap around the trees, something that has become a staple of the Eras Tour. (Caitlin Spindler )

In addition to the eras section of the yard, there are decorations all around the actual house. A giant ‘Eras Tour’ poster hangs from the top of the roof, a cut out of Taylor Swift herself stands in front of the home and friendship bracelets wrap around the trees- something that has become a staple for Swifties. Another decoration is Swift’s boyfriend and Professional Football player Travis Kelce standing on the roof.

The owners put a cut-out of Swift’s boyfriend Travis Kelce on the roof which quickly became a favorite decoration. (Caitlin Spindler )

“My favorite part was “Karma is the guy on the Chiefs” sign on top of the house and the cut out Travis Kelce holding a Taylor’s Version sign. I also really liked all the different eras of Taylor Swift that they incorporated into their yard and the lights,” Laverty said.

The owners of the house are also encouraging visitors to donate to Little Friends, an orginization that strives to empower those with disabilities. The Christmas lights will be left up til January, as said in “Lover”, so make sure to check it out before then.