Fredricks trots into these Mustang spirit questions

Amanda Despres

Senior Haley Fredricks is a custom to school spirit as she has been involved at DGS over the past four years.

Amanda Despres, Social Media Director and Business Manager

Senior Haley Fredricks is one involved student at DGS. You can find Fredricks cheering at the football and basketball games, as well as being a PE Leader. Fredricks is planning on attending the University of Kansas this upcoming fall to major in business marketing.

Q: What are your favorite school colors?
A: Even though these are our school colors, I like blue. I think one of my favorite combinations is blue and gray, just because I feel like blue is a very common color and blue is a color that everybody has in their closet.

Q: What is your favorite school mascot?
A: When I think about mascots they are really all the same except for the college I’m going to, like you can’t go to any other school and be a jayhawk other than Kansas, because it’s made up. You can go anywhere and be like a bulldog but not everybody can be a jayhawk.

Q: What is your favorite football student section theme?
A: My favorite football theme is Hawaiian, because I think it’s really funny when people bring surfboards and put people on them to do push ups when we score, and it makes the student section very colorful.

Q: What is your favorite type of school spirit apparel?
A: Pajama pants because if you are ever waking up and you don’t want to dress really nice that day, you’re still able to rep your school and have the spirit even when you are not necessarily feeling the spirit.

Q: What is the best school motto that you have heard of?
A: School mottos in general I feel like gives the school structure. Our motto of You belong here combined with the mustang way makes you feel like you actually belong here and it’s a nice feeling to have within a high school.