• September 26Choir Concert Oct. 11 from 7-9 p.m.

• September 26DGS Football VS Leyden Oct. 5 from 7:30-9:30 p.m.

• September 26Underclassmen Photos Oct. 5

Wednesday Horoscopes 2/7/18

Andrea Davenport, Print Opinions Editor

Aquarius: You may have found yourself in a sticky situation and are frustrated with the predicament, but you will come out stronger in the end.

Aries: You will be successful in the fight for your goals and will continue striving for the next best thing.

Taurus: One of your friends, family members or acquaintances is going through a rough time, but you will be there to guide them through their hardships and form a closer bond.

Gemini: You will find yourself having to make an important decision and, unsure of what to choose, you make your decision based off of intuition. This makes you restless, but you will allow yourself to relax and become the sociable, ready-for-fun human you truly are.

Cancer: You will go through an experience that will leave you more inspired and intuitive than ever.

Leo: You will run into many obstacles that will leave you feeling helpless, but, with the strength of your friends and family, you will rise to the occasion and be confident in your abilities.

Virgo: Your friends may lose faith in your friendship, but you will prove your loyalty when it is least expected.

Libra: You will be put into a group that takes you for granted, but you will ignore your fear of confrontations and show them who’s boss.

Scorpio: Your jealous and distrusting nature will cause you to lash out at the ones you love most, but don’t worry, your resourcefulness and passion for your relationships will aid you in your path to good graces.

Sagittarius: Your generosity and sense of humor will get you far in your endeavors.

Capricorn: Although you are feeling pessimistic and are expecting the worse, you will be proven wrong and have the best experience of your life.

Pisces: You will find yourself being inspired by unexpected events that leave you with a stronger sense of compassion and a need to express yourself through arts.

About the Writer
Andrea Davenport, Print Co-Editor-in-Chief

Andrea Davenport is a senior at DGS and is the Print Co-Editor-in-Chief. This is her second year as a member of the DGS Blueprint staff; however, she was a freelance writer for the paper her sophomore year and the Print Opinions Editor her junior year. As the Print Opinions Editor her first year on the Blueprint staff, Davenport won multiple awards at three different journalism competitions.

Looking to be an English teacher in the future, Davenport’s top choice of college is Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, Minnesota.

In the summer of 2017, Davenport was selected, one of only 16, to attend the IPF Journalism workshop hosted at Eastern Illinois University. The following summer, she was selected and named the Distinguished Young Woman of Downers Grove, representing her town in a scholarship program– one of only 11 participants out of 110 applicants.

Davenport enjoys blogging, writing short fiction and participating in both club and DGS varsity gymnastics. In February of 2017, Davenport advanced to the IHSA State competition in Palatine, placing number nine on the balance beam and number 18 on the floor exercise.

In her free time, when she is not at gymnastics or doing homework, Davenport enjoys baking, eating, blogging about the food she baked and watching her favorite television shows and movies: “Downton Abbey,” “Reign,” “Dirty Dancing,” “Grease” and “Spotlight.”