Weekly preview: Dec. 4–Dec. 8

Barbara Collins

More stories from Barbara Collins

Issue 5
May 18, 2018
May 11, 2018
May 11, 2018

Monday, Dec. 4: There will be a 9:20 a.m. late arrival. A pack-the-place for D99 Hoops will occur during their game against Andrew high school at 6:00 p.m. in the large gym.

Tuesday, Dec. 5: All levels of girls basketball will travel to Morton high school for their second conference game. Freshman and sophomore teams will play at 5:00 p.m. and varsity will begin at 6:30 p.m. Boys basketball will also be competing away against Nazareth Academy; freshman A and sophomore will be at 5:30 p.m. and freshman B and varsity will start at 7:00 p.m.

Wednesday, Dec. 6: The bowling team will compete against DGN at 4:00 p.m. at Fox Bowl in Wheaton. The Special Olympics team will also have a meet at home against Cove School beginning at 6:00 p.m.

Thursday, Dec. 7: The winter art show, composed of 2D and 3D artwork from more than 500 students, will open at 6:00 p.m. in the west events entrance. The show will be in exhibition until Monday, Dec. 11. The annual DGS holiday concert featuring the D99 orchestra, combined wind symphony, combined wind ensemble and combined choirs will take place at 7:00 p.m. in the large gym.

Friday, Dec. 8: A second-period holiday assembly will be held in the large gym from 8:40 to 10:45 a.m. in the large gym. This assembly will include the same music from Thursday’s holiday concert. An altered bell schedule will be used due to the holiday assembly.