• February 22Class Color Day Feb. 23

• February 21USA Day Feb. 22

• February 20DGS Winter Dance Feb. 24

Don’t sleep on the Bears

Lucas Crowley, Freelance Writer

With a broken right collarbone, the Packers have a real dilemma. They are most likely not going to see Aaron Rodgers put on his pads again this season. Without their best player on their team, the Packers will almost definitely drop to the last place in the NFC North, opening up doors for the Bears.

The other teams in the NFC North are pretty darn good, but I think the Bears still have a good chance at passing them up.

The Vikings, however, are looking hot as they pass up the Packers to become first in the NFC North. With threats like Teddy Bridgewater, who has great out-of-pocket capabilities as well as a strong arm, and Latavius Murray as their main running back, it would be very reasonable to predict they could win the division. Their running game could be better but has a chance with Latavius Murray as their main man. Their passing game could have a chance at being one of the best in the league with Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen already racking up over 500 yards this season.

The Lions are just the Lions. As of now they are .545 exactly and have not made many changes from last year. Matthew Stafford signed a five-year, $135 million dollar contract over the postseason making him the highest paid player in NFL history. Their running game is still lacking with Ameer Abdullah as their number one and with only young wide receivers do not have a very experienced receiving core.

The Bears over the off-season have made a lot of changes with draft pick Mitchell Trubisky; they are starting a new page with their offense. Their running game could be as good as it was during the Matt Forte era, but for now, they have two main backs that do the trick. Jeremy Langford and Tarik Cohen are those two main backs. Jeremy Langford had an average first half of the season last year, then exploded in the latter half to be one of the best in the league during that span.

Overall, the NFC North is like a birthday party, but nobody knows whose birthday it is. The Packers have had their birthday for the past few years, but because they are dropping rapidly in the standings it’s time for somebody else to celebrate. The Vikings are your best bet to blow out the candles this year, but the Bears have a young, unpredictable and fun to watch offense that should not be counted out. Don’t sleep on the Bears.